Friday, June 29, 2007

Toccoa Pit Stop

I had to use a picture on their computer because I'm up here in Toccoa at my father-in-law's. That's an old Jaguar he used to have. Ain't nutn like a V-12.

Anyway, I'm pit-stoppin up here in Toccoa. I had planned to stop by on my way to FL and spend one night. However, after I talked to him, I learned that he needed my help, so I will stay another day or two. I'm taking him to a routine doctor visit today, then I am going to help him move some stuff around in the garage, etc.

He is like me, he has a list pages long of things to do, but can only do a piece of it, especially without the help he rarely gets. I was frickin exhausted before I even started loading the truck to leave Athens. However, there are a few things that I would use my last drops of energy for; something for the kids, something to help Shalane, and something to help Butch. As I used to say, 'I can sleep when I'm dead'.

Ok, I must go now. Before I do, I do have to note that I took advantage of my opportunity yesterday, while I was up here. Butch couldn't eat so I went alone to Bell's, not the grocery store, the one-of-a-kind burger joint. Holy Cow, every time I go there, it's the best burger I ever had.

Listening to: peace and quiet.

No comments: