Friday, June 15, 2007

I'm glad God is working, 'cause I'm skeert

I went to my bankruptcy hearing this morning, thinking I would be basically done with my part. I was not happy to discover that the paralegal who helped me submit this paperwork, didn't make it clear to me the importance of a tax return.

So, I was re-scheduled for the 27th of July. I was planning to leave here at the end of the month. Now, I am examining the feasibility of leaving at the end of the month and coming back next month. Otherwise, I am in a holding pattern.

The trustee's office sent me a letter saying they needed this by the 14th. I got the letter on the afternoon of the 13th. Awesome. So, even if I had it, which I don't, I wouldn't be able to get it to their office in Macon. Grumble, grumble. I can't really complain because I didn't make sure I had a copy. The mother-in-law did our taxes and I let her send the only copy. I let myself be distracted by the wife leaving me and raising two kids alone, waah, waah, whatever.

So, when I got the letter, I called the IRS and requested a transcript. I verified today, and it was actually mailed on the 13th. I thought, at least the next morning. wow. So, I need to get that and send it to their office in Macon. Then, I plan to take Claudio and Tham to the airport on the 21th. After that, I need to load the truck and take some items to Butch's house in Toccoa and Shalane's storage.

Holy crap! I just talked to the VA and DFAS, which is the miltary pay peeps. Anytime I talk to these government-employed low-rent mf'ers, I am reminded of why I don't like to talk to them. I use to be in charge of over a hundred people. If they were as unmotivated and unprofessional as these people, I would fire their ass.

Yes, the difference is, in government work you can't really be fired, unless you kill sumbody er supm. However, you still have a boss and he can give you a shit job that you don't like doing enough that you will correct yerself. Grrrrrr! I wanna choke sumbody. Where is their boss? That's the guy I wanna punch in the throat.

Anyway, after I get the paperworks I need, I am really in a holding pattern again. I think it might actually help me to disconnect the cable, internet, electricty, etc. My truck likes to slurp the gas but I think it would actually be cheaper for me to come back. Shalane might actually be able to let me borrow the Saturn that used to be mine. It gets twice the gas mileage as my beast of a truck.

Listening to: Vampires, by Godsmack

No comments: