Sunday, October 5, 2008

This morning was our last opportunity, so as I walked out to the location in the back pasture with my cup of tea, I was awestruck at how perfect the morning was. The temperature was just right, somewhere in the range of 60-65 with a nice breeze blowing steadily through with big fluffy, white and grey clouds filling the huge expanse of sky.
I couldn't help but notice the tadpoles as I passed the water trough. There were a b'jillion of them. Apparently, according to Emily (I dunno), the dragonflies keep them from surviving through to their frog life. We dun had one batch, but they didn't make it, I guess. We even moved them elsewhere when we moved the trough lastime. She says they will help with the bugs, but I said it seems to me that the dragonflies are doing a good job. I mean, I love frogs, but there are more dragonflies than I have ever seen here and they seem to do ok with the bugs, which is most important to me ultimately anyway.
Later, after Shalane came to gits the yungins, I grabbed a beer and headed next door to talk to Joel about whu-evah. He had gone to the sto to gits a switch for the 4-wheeler he was trying to gits ready for hunting. So, I headed on over to the tree swing and looked at the awesome sky and felt the breeze whilst I drinked my beer until I saw things to go do.
Before I got up to do things, I looked around. My big, new/old truck was resting under the tree as it so often does. 

Ok, I'm done writing. I think I needsa refill.

Listening to: The same live AC/DC, Angus is doing some amazing frickin solo, 35 years, holy crap!

No comments: