Monday, October 13, 2008

The journey

Neriah decided he wouldn't have a use for them so he gifted me his can of glow-in-the-dark magnetic sticks and steel balls for connecting them. I brought them home and started playing with them right away. I frickin love these things. They're too cool. As often happens with the punk kids, when I showed an appreciation, he was suddenly interested again. When they camed over for the weekend, him and his sister both played with them. Then, his final creative act before going home was making a big face on the floor.
I was floored by the awesome sky as I went outside to leave on my way to Rhianna's thing at school. I guess if I was a better parent, or a mom, I would remember the name. This is not anything out of the ordinary as far as skies go around hya, but yet breathtaking.
I went next door earlier to borree the lawnmower and I saw Lee's work-in-progress. It prolly just looks like a mess to most peeps, but, to me, it looks frickin awesome. I love the idea of what he's doing, building a 4-wheel drive vehicle for hunting. He's modified and welded the frame for his needs. He put the engine and transmission in there. Soon he plans to put an old Jeep body on it from a dead Jeep back there.
As we were riding back from Rhianna's school, the sky was again extra picture worthy. There are some drops on the windshield from Shalane using the washers. I rode with her.
On the way home, I got the camera out and ready just before the light turned, so I got to take this picture just before I took off. Again, a camera just can't capture fully the awesome spectacle that is the world around us, but I remember how it looked when I see this.

Listening to: Clarice Starling.

No comments: