Friday, October 10, 2008

Every day is a bonus now.

The other night when I was hanging out overta yungins house, Neriah and I played chess. It was cool. Neriah is like the only person I play chess with anymore. I really do like the game.
This morning, while it was still dark, obviously, I taked Emily to the airport for her trip up to KY to visit her parents and do the Boobie Cancer walk that they do every year. The sky was awesome. Once again, I tried to capture it but not quite able to with any camera.
I was reading a book my momma gived me. I really loved this page. It says, "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace."
Milan Kundera.

This was a particularly special quote to me because, after my 'slowing down' I have come to appreciate the truly important things such as sitting on a tree swing and drinking a beer as I do nothing more than sit and think and watch the clouds and feel the breeze.

Listening to: that stoopid arse chef show that Neriah is watching.

No comments: