Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One year of going steady

Can you believe, she told me she's never been called a ham before I did? She's just like Neriah in that I can be sure that if I aim a camera at either of them, I will get some cheesy reaction and pose. I must admit, though, I don't mind when she poses and throws her butt out to me, mmm, I do like her butt.

Anyway, today is our one year anniversary, when I gived her my pin. It has been quite the learning and growing experience. I talked to her recently to make sure she knew my feelings and had an opportunity to decide to not waste any more time. I told her that I'm not 'sure' about a long-term future for us. We are both still adjusting, which I am pretty sure is the case for most couples. However, I'm not sure if we should still be adjusting this much. It seems very much like the ex-wife-creature and I. We were/are both awesome people, when we aren't too preoccupied with trying to be someone else for each other. She pointed out to me that, although she can't drive, she could get another roommate and have friends take her where she needs to go. I am comfortable here, but I would also be comfortable (not as much, obviously), sleeping in my truck and being the beach bum I was when I came down here last July. 

Ok, this has become a not happy entry. I am excited about things. I love her creativity. She just morphed the rabbit's cage and made it twice as big with legs. When it is finished, it will live out by the giant shade trees in the front yard.

I hope to go see a guy on the East coast next week when she's in KY with her parents. He has been running a Vegetable Oil blend in his boat for the past three years. I am excited about 'finally' doing the same in the truck I bought like 5 months ago for just that purpose. Well, actually, I originally intended to run straight veggie oil, but it looks like a blend will actually be much more cost-effective and I would actually run more veggie oil. I was talking to my mom about it today. A big concern, obviously, is saving on fuel costs. However, even moreso, I am excited about furthering the research and development of alternative energies and not just for automotive uses.

I am also excited about finally getting busy again and doing some building, designing, creating. I hope to, real soon, build the adirondack chairs that I have been dreaming of building for a couple years now. I also plan to build a small table similar to a pair I made for the front porch when I was still in Athens, GA. I want to take advantage of the space we have.

Another awesome use of this space is the garden that Emily started. I am slow when it comes to doing things like that, to a fault. I take my time planning and considering and pondering and pontificating, laying out, diagraming and then finally establishing the soil and boundaries before I finally frickin plant something. Emily just plops a pile of mulch down in the middle of a big nasty patch of uncultivatedness and plants plants. This is an example of why all my planning and pondering is untoward. By the time I got to planting, Emily would already be eating 'maters. Some things have a growing/planting season, so you can't waste time if you wanna plant supm in this season. Otherwise, you gotsta wait until next year.

I just thought of another thing I am really excited about. I went to see my doctor this morning about finally, after 3 frickin years, getting tested for something fatigue-related. I really like this guy. He has been really helpful. Tomorrow morning I am going to do some labs so, hopefully, I will be on the road to this damn fatigue being something 'diagnosed' and put on paper, instead of the intangible depressing monster it has been.

Time to end this. I am tired of writing now.

Listening to: Straight out of line, by Godsmack.

No comments: