Thursday, January 15, 2009

The trip home to NEGA

Ok, I's really bee slacking on this blog for quite a while now. I have not only posted several pictures and never revisited them to write the words, but I also have several days that I took lotsa pictures for and never even posted them. Now, however, I am actually feeling compelled to write, so I will do these three, at least. They are out of chronological order, though, please excuse and, if you won't then f*** off because, honestly, I write this blog for my frickin self anyway. Seriously, I would not want to hurt anyone's feelers. So, please forgive my facetiousness. It would just break my frickin heart if someone got their feelers hurt from reading my blog. 

This first picture is of the street where home is, ahhhhhh.
We took Dori back down to her home in Athens. She goes to UGA. She was up here being sick over the New Year. Butch was fixing her car, so we just took it back down there and grabbed the Beemer she was borrowing. It got left there because she got picked up when she was sickly.
So, I took advantage of the rare opportunity to be a passenger and actually look at things. I took many pictures as we made that amazing awe-inspiring drive down to my favorite city in America, Athens.
Of course, my cell phone camera failed to capture the awesomeness of the view, but, as with all these blurry, out-of-focus pictures, I remember. Anyone reading will hafta depend on my eloquence er supm.






This is why NEGA is my favorite place in the world, that I've seen thus far. Every stretch of road around every bend is breathtaking.
This is the stuff that is so much more valuable than all the crap that I once had. Being able to just taste this with my eyes is priceless. Yeah, maybe it sounds cliche, but whu-evah.

This picture doesn't say a whole lot, but it serves to remind me of entering the outer edges of Athens. Damn, I love this town.
The downtown area where there are always people walking. Damn, I love this town. Oh, wait, I already dun said that.
We installed an under-counter cd player in the kitchen that Butch and GiGi done gotted fer Dori. Then, as we were leaving, I snapped me a shot of out the front do. There's her little Mustang and the Beemer we cames to git. I dunno why the picture exposed weird. The car looks two different colors. Reckin I caught the light just right.
Oooh, I gots ta drive it home. I love driving Beemers. There truly is nutn like the driving experience of being behind the wheel of a Beemer.
The next day, Butch never took the nap we both went to take at the same time, so as I was waking, he was finally laying down. So, I made the trip we were going to make together, downtown to get our driver's licenses changed because the post office, in order to streamline supm to do with 911 service, changed all the addresses by one digit. Just enough to necessitate a new license. Whu-evah, the driver services office is small and easy to use. I'm not even sure what this building is downtown. The courthouse is over there. I dunno, it just looked cool and was worthy of a picture. It seems like I would know it after seeing it a hundred frickin times, but I still have yet to actually find out what the hell it is.
As I said, nice small office.
This is an awesome bridge over the train that goes through town.
Looking, aw crap, East?
West?, back toward town, regardless.
The sweet little car that Emily was kind enough to trade me for my truck. The bridge is right ther behind it. I usedta hate this car. It has recently become clear to me, however, that it had everything to do with state of mind. I have no intention of talking shite about Emily. Truthfully, she was very sensitive to noise and acceleration, so I was basically always very uptight when I drove. It was also a farm girl car, so I couldn't take pride in it like I have been, by cleaning it and giving it love. Now, I'm actually comfortable in it. I roll the windows down, open the sun roof, turn the radio up and relax as I enjoy the ride.
I was only home for a minute this time. The cold weather made me rush back to the warm. It's still not warm enough up there. After getting my new license, I hadta take advantage of the opportunity, my last one, to stop by Bell's for the best frickin burger I has ever had, and I's been around this country of ours and some other countries. Damn, that's a purdy little car.
Yeah, another blurry one, but I'll remember as my mouth waters when I see this picture. Usually, I gits me a Coke, but it's cold, so I hadsta has me a decaf.
Oscar is a sweet boy. He made sure to gives me lots of attention to fill up my love tank for the ride back to warm.
Now, on the ride back to me madre's, I gitsta see what the gas mileage is like after new plugs, an oil change, air filter, coolant flush/fill, and overall love given to this baby.
Yawn, getting ready fer a break.
Purdy little car.
I made it to Tifton before I gots some gas and spotted a Starbucks for a rest in a nice comfy chair as I sipped on my decaf.
Here I is again.

Listening to: I'm Gonna Crawl, by Led Zeppelin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! NEGA looks so beautiful and homey...and the sky pics are amazing!! I can only imagine how breathtaking it would be to actually be under that glorious view. I love looking at your pictures! Thank you for sharing, John!