Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Damn, it's hot.

I have been slow in finishing this one, but no slower than most, I guess, since it was only from yesterday. Well, It's not as hot. It was earlier today, whew, but just a bit ago it started raining, a good hard rain, the likes of which we don't often get here. It rains all the time, but it's usually nothing worth not wearing shorts and flippers fer. It's usually over a few minutes after it starts with the sun once agin blazing in the sky to dry up any evidence of the rain's existence. So, here I sit on this wonderful screened porch listening to the raindrops pelt the roof as I wait for my tea to steep while I further the completion of this entry.

Yesterday, I went to the other Starbucks, which I've decided I like better. It's about two miles further toward downtown with a much more comfortable atmosphere. Another experience that I was stunned and thankful for was when the guy who brought my decaf coffee out to me said he wasn't going to charge me because I hadta wait for it to brew. Woot! That's cool enough, but that was my third, I repeat 3rd cup in a row that was on the house, frickin awesome.

As I was sitting there, letting my coffee cool, reading, I caught a whiff of something that was almost a whole memory. I'm not really sure what it was, but it made me think of sitting at some cafe's table on the sidewalk in some country (not really important which one, there were several with awesome cafes.) Like I said it was almost a whole memory, but not really specific beyond the feelings of it.

After I left Starbucks, I decided I wannid to go check out the library downtown. This first picture is of the road leading from the main street through town down to the road that runs around the lake that's right by the libaree, one of the lakes that Lakeland is so named for. 
Wow, I love this town. I'm sure Emily thinks that I moved back to this area to get back together with her. Admittedly, that was part of the reason, before I discovered that it was not possible. I really did want to try and salvage a year-long investment, but her new beau makes that impossible. However, I love this town regardless. Florida is not my favorite place, which sounds strange for a full-time beach bum to say, but this is definitely a primo spot to be. I can’t say ‘the’ primo spot because I dunno there may be others, but I really like this one. It’s very immune to bad weather, traffic is ok, population is just enough to father things like Starbucks and much shopping to be had, such as Target, Super Wally World, PetSmart, and all the other conveniences that spoil us city-dwellers without the insane congestion of places like Tampa or Atlanta. 

Damn, this rain sounds really good.
Frickin wow, after I check out this libaree, I think I'm gonna sit upon one of them thar benches.
Oops, blurry. This is truly one of the coolest libaree's I've seen. It definitely rivals the one in Athens, GA that was the best yet I think. This picture just shows one small piece. This area is special because, like a few other areas, it has those huge windows, that don't look blurry in real life, that hold a breathtaking view of the lake.
This blurry picture is of the Sumbuddy Intial. Sumbuddy Sailing Collection. I think I will be coming back to this one.
I didn't get a picture on the way in, so I gots one heading out.
This, I believe, is the spot for me.
The picture makes it look all grey, but it was not, far from it. It was a beautiful clear day that had a sky full of puffy cotton ball clouds.
This one's a bit closer to reality.
This was as close as I could get before this guy hissed and growled at me. Frickin awesome bird. The picture lets someone easily discount this as just some bird. However, this is a huge glorious creature. It was bigger than most Thanksgiving birdies by far.
This guy came up to investigate what kind of food offering I had. Sorry, feller, nutn from me today.
The spot where my book stayed the whole time because I was too captivated  by the sensory overload from every angle.
I tried to capture it, but it was a bit too much for my cell phone camera to do. There was a flock of prolly a hundred of these small birds that flew around back and forth in my view. As I followed them a bit, I began to notice the profusion of birds, and of so many varied types. Wow.
This guy would rouse from his slumber whenever I would eyeball him too much, which really means I had to get too close to do so.
As I sat and marveled at the awesome spectacle that I felt so fortunate to be able to experience, thinking back to the places, culture, and cuisine I was fortunate enough to see and experience overseas, this guy came by with a castnet. He wrangled with it a bit and produced a large fish of some kind, threw it to the ground and proceeded to cast his net over there. I tried to get a picture of him casting the net, but he left after catching one very large fish that he threw back in. Not a desirable fishy, I reckin. So, I only caught him walking away, leaving me with the responsibility of recounting this memory with no visual aid to assist.
There's my bench ovar. I parked on the street of this lazy, quiet, 25mph street.
On the way home, it can't be deciphered here, it started to rain. I had the windows down, so I got the full effect of the smell of fresh rain as I neared the end of my journey.

Listening to: I wonder, by Blind Melon.

No comments: