Monday, January 19, 2009

A Saturday adventure for us

I didn't take nutn fer pictures, before, after, or during. There was beautiful scenery on the way there, on the way out as the sun went down. I didn't even take any of Karla, who we went down there to see. 

The place the kids and I went to on our Saturday adventure was a retreat ranch. It's a big chunk of land, 18 acres, that the owners have devoted to spiritual, natural healing, and otherwise tranquil uses. Karla invited us to come on down. She was doing her ion spa foot bath as they were having a bit of a get together. It was quite nice.

I really dug this sign at the front door.
Neriah found a tree over by the side of the house perfect for climbing/sitting.

We all went fer a walk to explore a bit. This was really an amazing chunk of land. The creek running through it was wow.
Rhianna was rubbing her eyes. She was sickly, which coincidentally because I haven't been eating the healthy way that has kept me from being sick for over a year and a half, I got her head crud. This new haircut is really cool, when she dries it. It was modeled after that girl in that new vampire movie. It is a really cool flippy, whispy alternative to the long hairs that she had. I can't blame her at all, that is why I stay stubbly. Hair is like a hat all the time, bleh. Anyway, like I said, 'when she dries it'. When she doesn't, however, like I've harassed her about, she looks like a little boy.
Walking back along the creek.
wow.
When we got back to this place, we found us a dog that, upon a quick observation, appeared to have a broken back leg, which subsequently left it unable to ascend the steep sides of the creek.
On the way to report the dog in distress, I noticed this awesome, big tree swing, one-a my favorite things. On a mission, continue on...
Brenda and a friend of hers, of whom I do not remember the name of, went to retrieve the dog with me. It was not, as we had thought, a victim of a recent injury. Apparently it was a dog they adopted a while back after it had been badly abused. The broken leg, reportedly, was a result of the kicking from it's previous owner that result in a very broken back end. Ow. So, now the back leg looks quite deformed and the dog walks very funny. It was inspired by our visitation and subsequent departure, however, to find a way out of the creek bed. It came to meet us just as we arrived and walked back with us, or hobbled I guess is more accurate.
The front yard was quite nice, prolly 3 or 4 acres of a wide open expanse of green.
As we maked it back with the cripple dog, I spotted Neriah up in this tree and one-a my favorite things hanging on it.
Well, Neriah is comfy. I think I shall be, too.
He is really diggin this tree.
Doing what I do best, ahhhhh.
We were talking about supm I can't remember, as well as how a giant pool would go nicely in the backyard, ya' know, about 80 feet long that goes from 1foot deep to 10 feet deep.

Listening to: Had A Dad, by Jane's Addiction.

No comments: