Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life after the trip to NEGA, up to the 15th

I was mostly rested from driving, so I taked me a walk around the neighborhood. I really love this neighborhood. It actually inspires me to walk all the time.
I needed to go up to Publix for some tea and me madre wanted some bananas, so I decided it was the perfect opportunity to visit the Starbucks right in front of Publix. It was a nice moment of meditative thought.
This one turned out nice and blurry. This is the closest I can get to having this picture, well, since I won't steal it because I value Shalane's friendship. Rhianna painted it. It's frickin awesome.
I was visiting the kids, who had an early release day, before getting the tires rotated on my way to see the possible redhead of my dreams. Zoee assumed the position as I assumed mine on the recliner to enjoy quiet contemplation for a few before the kids got home. Sidenote: I'm noticing in this picture that my shoulders are looking ok, a reminder that I am becoming more the broken badass I once was. I got up to 202 when I was being a lazy, unmotivated bastard with Emily. Now, I am back down to my, what seems to be standard, weight of 175, much more streamlined. I am actually considering the six pack again. Anyway, we shall see. I am just thankful that I am in the shape I am allowed to be in on the alcohol and stress diet.
I followed Karla home from her twice-a-week work location. We enjoyed a relaxing evening of each other's company. In the morning, we took advantage of 'my opportunity' to be a beach bum in his element and went to the beach, which was just down the road a'piece from her house.
Wow, I can see it a thousand more times and I don't expect it will ever be less than awesome every damn time.
It was cold, this morning, though, brrr.
We used it as an excuse to share some body heat, but after five minutes of wow, soaking in the amazing view and the energy from the waves and the sky and the sand that permeates every particle of my beach bum body, it was time to retreat to the wind-free car and maybe go gits a hot chocolate.
This is another nice, blurry one. It was a really cool cake at Publix. Karla had to run in here fer a second to get supm after we gots a hot chocolate at Starbucks. I ain't never seed one like it before. It was like ribbons of flowing material punctuated by sea shells, too cool.

Listening to: Here To There, by Sonya Kitchell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of comments go through my mind when I read this entry, but I will try to stick to the ones that would be obvious to most peeps. Rhianna's painting IS frickin AWESOME!! Even blurry-ness doesn't take away from how awesome it is! WOW! You are a lucky dad, aren't you?
And, again, you take some amazing pictures! I LOVE the one across the bridge to the beach. Granted, the view was, always is, breathtaking...but you are very skilled at capturing it with a camera phone! It takes a special "eye" which you obviously have. And speaking of your eyes...Mmmm, I can't comment fully on the pic of you with Zoee, so I will just say-Hott Damn!!!