Thursday, December 18, 2008

The night before the move plan execution, Thanks Shalane.

I am really thankful for God's awesome perfect guidance and timing, despite my own selfish concerns attempting to impose themselves. Further, I am thankful that Shalane is letting me stay here to make my morning move plan a bit easier, so I ain't gotsta be rolling up from Sarasota, yo. Yeah, I guess using the area code would sound more dope, yo, but I just isn't feeling like looking. The beers, another reason I'm thankful for this pit stop, have made me uninterstid. You'll hasta excuse my lack of 411, yo, if not, whu-evah.

Anyway, my darling punk daughter did, what she often does, making me feel so much better about the foolishness and failures of their mother and I. She has spent the past several hours in the kitchen, making cookies for gift bags to give to, not only her teachers, but her brother's teachers. Damn, I love her. No matter what dumbassness I am guilty of, I can feel good knowing that my kids are frickin awesome.
The next wave of bags, 4 I think, were bigger, for the 'special' teachers. Wow, after tasting one of those chocolatey yums, I could really dig being one of her teachers.
Neriah and I did our part by staying out of the way and we played ourselves a game of chess as I had my one beer. I think I mentioned it before, or maybe that was just to Justin, but playing chess with an eleven year-old is really an awesome pride builder for someone who is moderately good at chess. I imagine that his skills will exceed mine in a few years. Now, however, I can guide him and instruct him in the rules and thinking ahead and things of that nature. Good times, though. Again, I am thankful for this opportunity. 

Tomorrow morning, since it is, for some reason, an optional day for the kids to go to school, Neriah will be helping me move, which really works for me because I was hoping to use his muscles after school, now I ain't gotsta wait. Rhianna is going to school still because she is just, thank God, into school that much. I look forward to an opportunity for Neriah and I to hang out and for him to gits his pride elevated by helping me with his muscles.

Listening to: Lebanese Blonde, by Thievery Corporation.

No comments: