Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Last weekend

The past few weekends, since I have been vagabonding down in Sarasota, Shalane has let me stay at her house with the kids to make it easier on both of us. This time, I got a wild hair to put some wax on the truck. Wow, it's amazing what wax will do.
I think Rhianna went to the culinary paradise, her aunt Linda's house, so Neriah and I went to Starbucks to enjoy a nice decaf coffee. Mmm, good stuff. Damn, he's gitn so growed up.
Me madre and I went on over to the place that we would be roommatin at, to replace the retirement community that she would rather not live in no mo, works fer me. I stumbled on an awesome place, prolly 'cause it's not buried in traffic hell somewhere. It's awesome like a retirement community, but it's not. There are actually kids and people who aren't sick and/or on the verge of death. It doesn't really bother me, but I can see how, my mom's age makes a big difference, it can be very depressing.
I came on back down here to Sarasota and, being the beach bum that I am, hadta visit the beach for one of the last times before I plan to move back up there, far from the beach, this weekend. Well, at the time, it was a couple weekends, but whu-evah. The beach out at Siesta Key is frickin awesome. It's one of the better ones I've seen. 
As I sat in my super-cool beach chair that Emily buyed for me a while back, drinking my coffee from Starbucks, I watched this guy kitesurfing up and down the beach. I was impressed that he could go back and forth without crashing and control the kite so well as the wind basically maintained the same direction. My phone, again, obviously, is unable to capture much detail of this awesome spectacle. I have the awesome camera that Emily bought me for our anniversary. It's ten frickin megapixel and deserves to be used more sho nuff.

Listening to: What is and what should never be, by Led Zeppelin

No comments: