Monday, December 22, 2008

Damn, it's cold this marnin

My new friend, the angry cookie man joined me on the porch this morning for a cup of tea. It's actually cold this morning, 57 degrees here in Mulberry, brrr.
Talking to a friend the other day, I realized something. I had kinda had a back-of-my-mind thought about it for the past few months. However, I actually had a forefront-of-my-mind thought the other night. The fatigue that has been my nemesis for 3 years now, really isn't as bad anymore. I thought about it over the past few months because I was thinking about how living on the farm for the past almost a year has really helped me to build some stamina. I was also relaying to my friend about how, in the beginning, the changes were dramatic, like walking or talking or eating and over time it has become more spread out so that the changes aren't noticeable every day. It just seems like the same ol' challenges. But, to look back over months or years (3+) now, the changes, namely the fatigue not being such an impairment, are still quite significant.

So, anyway, I actually felt like taking a walk this morning. The idea of voluntarily taking a walk for no other reason than the enjoyment of a walk was inconceivable a year ago. This is another reason why I really like this neighborhood. It's like a retirement community, but it's not just older people. It's a nice mix of older people and young families. However, it's still maintained and quiet like a retirement community. It's a very nice neighborhood to take a walk in. So, I did.
A beautiful morning this morning, nice clear sky, crisp cool 60 degree air, and some sun. I think I'm gonna cut my hair when I get back. It's so much easier when the hair doesn't stick to me because I'm all sweaty. I tried a few months ago, after a couple years of being without hair beyond 1/4" and I didn't last more than a couple weeks beyond the normal haircut time. This time I think I may have made it three weeks. I just don't like the hair anymore. It's too hot.
Another one of the reasons I really dig this neighborhood. They are very pet friendly. I was talking to Rhianna about it this morning. She said I should get a dog. For a while there, I didn't want a dog, mostly because of the responsibility. I was telling, Rhianna, though, which made me think, there is actually no pet deposit here. When I was on the farm, I considered getting a German Shepherd or a Greyhound. Now, however, I think I want a toy Weiner dog. I am not a fan of small dogs, but we had a toy weiner once and it was an awesome dog. I loved him because he was a small dog, but wasn't at all yipe-ee. I frickin hate the yipe-ee dogs. The awesome thing about him was that he had a hoarse little man bark. It was not at all obtrusive. His bark was actually endearing.

Listening to: The music mix of varied soundtracks on Amped as Rhianna and I shred the slopes in our pseudo-badassness realm of imaginary video game superbia.

No comments: