Friday, March 6, 2009

continually wow'd by life

The other day I headed on down to my sister's, the beach bum paradise, down in Sarasota to see my nephew whom I haven't seen in about 18 years.
Wow, he's all growed up now. He looks good. He was a scrawny little kid the last time I saw him.
Erv, bringer of Rum -n- Cokes.
One of Erv's 'honey-do list' items was to repaint the fountain out front. It looked pretty good, or at least so I said out loud repeatedly for his benefit.
Michael and I ended up at one of my favorite spots, the bar. Oh, well thank you for a fresh one. 
Enjoying a cup of coffee during the quite stillness of the morning hours when Erv and I were the only ones awake for a couple hours yet.
I fergit how many, but we watched the news about New York getting a buncha inches of snow. Yeah, it was cool that morning, like 60 degrees, brrr. It got back up to a more typical 75-80 today. Last year, I was frustrated and grumbling about how it's too hot here all the damn time. Then about a month ago, I went home to NEGA and got a taste of around 25 degrees. Bleh, noooo thanks. The past few months I have really grown to appreciate the year-round average temp of 75 down here. 
Erv was allowed to use the kitchen, which is apparently a rarity, to make us breakfast. Quite ok.
Heading back up to Mulberry. It was a frickin awesome sky as it is most days down here.
Well, while I was down in the beach bum paradise talking to Mike about his Harley out in the geerodge, I was reminded of his plan to ride it to Daytona for Bike Week. Then, he invited me to come hang out with him, I could stay in the hotel room that he was alone in because a friend cancelled. It was not a hard decision. I have been looking for an excuse to go out to the Eastest coast. Right on. So, I went back up to Mulberry, got my new cell phone, gathered the necessary belongings, and headed on out to Daytona.
Blurry, but yeah.
This bike was neat,very simplistic kinda supm, I liked it.
One of the places had an outside stage upon which some band was playing many covers. I wouldn't, however, call them a 'cover band'. They played several different bands and very well I might add. This was when the cold was stronger than the alcohol blood level. It was actually cool, around 50 degrees, I think.
As we strolled down Main street we eyed countless awesome motorbicycles and trikes, too, like this one.
Ok, too blurry, as was I, so I don't remember. I think it was a Boss Hoss.
This one is, fo sho, a Boss Hoss. Raaagh! GM V-8 beast, gotta love it, frickin awesome!
As I was putting these pictures on the computer, I was all excited about the Boss Hoss bikes and decided to look 'em up. I found this, holy frickin crap beast. First, there was a 305ci, then a 350ci, then a 454ci, then as if that wasn't frickin retarded enough, then came a 502, and now this oh-my-frickin-gawd beast is a 606ci. Can we shave a bit more of those cylinder walls to make the jugs bigger. I haven't looked into the horsepower of this beast. The last time I looked at one, it was pushing out around 500 horses. I don't rememmer the size, 502, I think. Oooh, gives me chills.
The magic voice in the sky (ceiling) kept counting down to the pending bar dance. It was ok, if yer into that sorta thing. ;-) The girls on either end were pretty ok. This end was the skinny one, not my preference, but very nice.
The girl on the other end, right in front of me coincidentally, we, uh, I mean I, just happened to sit at just the right spot. Mike was off saving kittens in a fire er supm. Anyway, like I was sayin, the girl on the other end was quite nice, more my preference. She actually had some thickness and some nice round parts, yum, well, if yer into that sorta thing. ;-)
After all the girls were gone, Mike showed up. Hi Mike. He kept handing me...Cokes, boy was I full. I got to rememmer what it was like to wait in a line fer a bafroom, which is fun because I tend to wait until I really hasta go before I go huntin fer a bafroom. Well, I didn't pee on myself, whew, barely.
The next morning, I woke up and headed fer the shower while Mike was out getting breakfast. He invited me to go, but I just couldn't do it. Too many Cokes, whew. I wasn't able to rouse fully at my usual 7-7:30. I couldn't get up until around 9:30. I wasn't sure when I would be heading out. I was following my usual schedule of non-scheduleness. We went out the back door of the room and lounged by the pool for a few to converse and get up ma gumption. Then, I hadsta walk across the pool deck to the wall and look out at the beach before we went to walk around Main street a bit during the witness hours when people act all civilized.
As we headed out to meander, this bike caught my eye. It's very much my kinda bike, very nice. The front end could be stretched a bit more, but I could dig it as-is.
There were a few of these strange three-wheeled things running around. They looked like some shiny new design.
This one was neat, had spikes here and there and a bottle opener on the side of the tank, cool.
We drifted around and, before buying some souvenir t-shirts, we decided to eat food. We found a place, not surprisingly named Hawg Heaven BBQ, to eat dead flesh. It was purdy good and another opportunity to bs a bit.
As we strolled out front, this guy rolled up on his interesting contraption, a bicycle fitted with a small two-cycle engine, really cool.
I think I'd like to make one-a these.
After eating food, Mike went back to take a nap and I gathered up my belongings and headed back to Mulberry once again and, once again, the sky was frickin awesome.
As I started across 4, there was some cool building. I dunno what it was, just cool.
The next morning, it was time to go volunteer at the SPCA. Hey, whaddyaknow, the sky was frickin awesome on the way out.
This was a sweet girl. She acted very much like she had a home. She came in as a stray, but I'm guessing her family would be found soon. Not only had she just arrived the day before, but she also had a microchip, so likely someone was interested in her whereabouts. This was the best picture I could get. She was a hyper freak, always on the move. She was a beautiful wire-haired terrier of some kind, gorgeous dog.
As I headed out to do things, the sky was wow and I thought of going downtown to my favorite lake. However, I had some bidniz to handle, so I decided to just head on home.
I was feeling a bit hungerdy and I gots me a wild hair to make an omelet on the George Foreman. I sauteed some onions, peppers, and jalapenos to put in it. Oh damn, it was good. Once again, I was thankful for the simple bliss of a good food experience.
I accepted the invitation to go visit my girlfriend. I noticed after I taked this one that there's an Osprey nest upar. That's an awesome bird, worthy of researching.
They put in a couple handicap spots, conveniently for me. One right by the front door of Karla's and one right ovar by the pool.
After using my birfday gift card for Outback and resting, we went out the next morning to use the free car wash coupon she was gived and to do some other enjoyable time-wasters.
I think this was Largo er supm. I dunno. This area was charming.
I was surprised to discover the actual color of her car was white, hmm.

Hmm, looks pretty nice, yeah the car too.


Headin home across the bridge, I didn't let the average speed of 7 stop me from being awed at the sky and the water and the sky.
This morning, after enjoying sleepytime, I hadta go see somebody about supm. Then, as I was heading over to do laundry and pick up the kids, I decided I should take the opportunity I was feeling compelled to take to stop by the Beer Shed. It's been a while since I went there. I love it down thar. I hads me a beer, breathed in the view, and headed on to Shalane's.

It seems like there was supm else I wanted to write about, but I'm feeling too enticed by my bed right now.

Listening to: Pitch Black.

No comments: