Monday, August 17, 2009

This awesome life experience...


Ok, I actually have a lotsta write this time AND I actually feel compelled to do so. I am sitting in the libaree with the punk darlings and have had my fill of nosing through single people's profiles.

This collection of life-tracking pictures begins with the most beautifullest girlfriend I ever had. I love her. Then, just my usual gob of boring ol' sky pictures that I am so retardedly enamored by on a daily basis.

I met a new friend, that I was kinda excited about for a minute, at a sports bar that I had never been to, Barnacles. It was quite neat. Since I am not concerned about seeing her there, I may just go again. I was reminded of how enjoyable Happy Hour can be. This place was unlike any sports bar I had seen. The pictures, as they often do, fail to capture the unbelievable amount of TVs in this place. Whoa. So, yes, it was not a long-term friend. She was just outside my target age range of 5-10 years older than me, 47, and that really bothered her. There were, honestly other things. There was no real connection. She was looking for more of a peer. As a full-time beach bum, I was not a match for her White-collar executive-ness. It was another cool experience.

I am less disheartened as the attempts pile up. Fortunately, I am in no real hurry to be in a relationship, prolly thanks to Snickers and her being a affection junky equal to me in intensity. I have looked online, so those attempts are not surprising me in their failed attempts. However, I also am looking everywhere in the real world, too, the libaree, the lakes downtown, the grocery stores, downtown, malls, beaches. It is really hard to find a nice balance between attractive and intelligent with some integrity, leaning more toward the intelligent side. Obviously, my description of what I am actually looking for would make pages, prolly why it's so dern hard. If I was shallow enough, I could just hook up with some hot 20 supm year-old. grumble, grumble.

I also have to restrain myself from acting like a stoopid boy, which is ironically half of what attracts me to someone. The other half is much more than the hot round parts. I am actually more attracted to skin and life experience. Anyway, so I even entertained the idea of being a 'friend with benefits'. Just as I was coming to the decision that that is not who I choose to be, I had an affair as 'the other man'. I again decided, after the fact obviously, this is also not who I choose to be. And again, I decide this.

My sister, Maria, came back from their trip up to Michigan. They had applied sufficient paint and done enough cleaning to the home they just bought up there. So, I ran on down to the Beach Bum Paradise to retrieve my car and return her's, or so I planned, well hoped. I went to the grocery sto with Erv to grab some items and to the hardware sto to get some screws for mounting the new TV. He's working on fixing the old one. It is like three times the size of the new one, whew. They told him it would cost like $600 to fix it. He is shopping around. In the meantime, however, they hasta have a TV on the back porch, pshaw!

Hey, there were some nice melons, 5.99 hmm. Then, my eyes drifted to the end of the aisle, the future, ahhhh, beer. Erv was buying some replacement beers for Maria and forced me to get some Bud Light Lime. Hey, I was a guest, didn't wanna be rude. Upon returning we mounted the new TV, which was a third the size, but still easily visible from over on the hot tub cover, where I had to go to get a wireless signal. Two feet to the right, at the table, I couldn't get that signal. Wow, I was indeed on the fringe of the signal I was borrowing.

This morning, she followed me, in her car, to the place that had recently replaced my catalytic converter. I tried to capture the awesomeness of the trip across the Sunshine Skyway and the other awesomeness on the way to the very helpful repair guys at Ice Cold Air. Yeah, I figure they have earned a plug. ;-p I stayed to verify their verification that it was indeed bad and, thus a warranty repair. It didn't/doesn't take much to check one for bad-ness. I wanted him to share my confidence. After he bumped the side of it with his hand and it rattled, he confirmed it and checked on a replacement. They did not have one in stock, so he said it would take a couple days, but my car could stay inside at night, nice and safe, until then. So, Maria and I returned to her heezy, yo. She said I could drop her off and borrow her sweet-ass TL again until I picked her up to return to retrieve my car. Cool. This life experience is frickin awesome. It was actually nice to drive my car, if only for a bit. I love that car.

Listening to: the quite rustling and shuffling throughout the libaree just before closin time.


No comments: