Sunday, August 23, 2009

That was one of the bestest movies I ever sawed


I had heard from a few people, including my mom, that Gran Torino was just an eh movie. Holy crap, it's been a while since I've laughed so hard at a movie. It was also an intriguing look at social issues, such as neighborhood degradation, the relation between crime and poverty and social acceptance, the ability to adapt and overcome, the life of a long-term significant other after the other has died and how some people in this world make death necessary, whether you like it or not, whether you hold hands across the world or not, well try to or, more likely, not.

Today's collection is really just phenomenal sky pictures, mostly, I think, with the exception of the last one, which is setting up the brain sucker over here at Shalane's before doing laundry. I came on over here to go ahead and do laundry because my usual laundry day is tomorrow, when I would be picking up the kids. We have switched back to the school routine, which is me getting the kids on the weekend. Since, Shalane and the kids are over at her girlfriend's, it's the perfect opportunity for me to do it to it.

The sky pictures started with my post-library adventure yesterday. I went to an Acura dealership to see if they had any of my dream car. Then, I went to the mall to purchase some undergarments. I have been relying on my spares, boxers, prior to laundry days too often. I hate boxers. They are too hot and not restrictive enough.

There isn't much of a clear transition between yesterday's awesome frickin sky and today's. This morning it was quite impressive as I headed on over here. Ok, I think I am brain suckered out. I believe I will go do what I do best, get horizontal for a nap on the couch while I wait for the dryer buzzer.

Listening to: #1 Crush, by Garbage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practice anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)

Anonymous said...

I would appreciate more visual materials, to make your blog more attractive, but your writing style really compensates it. But there is always place for improvement