Friday, August 21, 2009

I got my car back, yay!


I am sitting over here at Shalane's, hangin out with the kids after bringing them home. I am reading about what may be the answer to my life purpose that I have been seeking. I uploaded the usual gob of pictures of life-tracking and the sky. I am loving this Windows Movie Maker. It has made uploading way more pictures to my blog hyah easier and much quicker than much less were before.

First, something I thought of this morning while listening to the 'soft rock, listen-while-you-work' station, which I rarely do because I hate the radio and have an ipod thankfully. One more thing I am very thankful for, very, similar to this metabolism that allows me to eat whatever and not work-out yet remain not only slim but tone, is the fact that there is apparently some inherent thing in humans that transcends environmental factors. What the heck am I talking about? This, I am thankful that, despite the best efforts of my mom and the 80's, I am not a metrosexual. I am close and had to claw my way out of the pit. I love to decorate, design, sew, shop, dress nicely, be clean, read, listen to people and consider other people in my actions, but, BUT, I also like to wrench on greasy things, get dirty, sweat, sleep wherever, fix things and feel the roughness of hemp rope. So, anyway, I am just thankful again. I have thought about it several times, but, like the sky, it is worthy of constant reverence. I am thankful for my spine, the sky, food, the ability to fix and better things, music, creativity, ability to see, ability to write, ability to drive, an awesome car to drive, the best girlfriend ever who licks my face anytime...

As this pictorial begins, the sky is showcased, once again. The sky then surrenders the spotlight for Neriah's Open House pictures. At first, I was annoyed that he was being moved from his school, which is about a mile away across the street to a few miles the other way to some new school. After seeing the school, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a brand new school, this will be its first year, that they built to eliminate the need for the trailer classes they just removed from their campus. It is very nice and really a hair further than his old school. It's still in this nice area so I feel confident it will be a good school. Hopefully, it will rival the Fishhawk schools, which are among the best in Florida. After we went to his open house, we went on down to Rhianna's new school. Her's is new because she's going to the next level. She is going to be a high school kid. Woot! Yeah, be excited or die of fear. ;-p This night was a New Student Indoc. It just offered the lowdown for all the freshmen and others moving into the area. Her Open House would be the next night.

From there, we went on down to the beach bum paradise in Sarasota to spend the night with my sister and retrieve her for our trip down to get my car in the morning, leaving her's with her. I really dug borrowing her car for a while. A TL is a sweet-ass car. Ironically, I actually prefer my car. The TL is much more car, but not only do I prefer the better gas mileage and ability to use regular unleaded gas, my little Saturn Ion is more comfy, which is really ironic. When, it was still Emily's car and she rode in it with me I hated it. It was so uncomfortable. I was uptight whenever I drove because of her sensitivity to noise and acceleration. Not complaining, it just is what it is.

On the way, down there, the sky was phenomenal, even wow'er than usual.

Maria, went to bed early because she's old. Erv was still awake and is an excellent host. He served up the dinner they had earlier and then some brownies with ice cream after. Wow. I love that guy. Neriah decided that the hot tub was quite the inviting after-dinner treat. I had to agree with him. We enjoyed a couple trips between the pool and the hot tub in the nice cool evening before retiring to watch a movie before a reasonable-hour-gotta-get-up-and-go-gits-my-car-in-the-morning bedtime. The next morning Maria, Rhianna, Neriah and I began our car retrieval adventure. We went across the Sunshine Skyway and into the heart of 'traffic hell'.

Upon getting my car back, yay, we headed on back under awesome skies to prepare for our departure to Rhianna's open house. Just Rhianna and I went. It was quite different, setup like going to the classes on her schedule, including a six minute travel time in between, which is really tough when you haven't much of a clue about where yer going. It was cool, though. I like the school and her teachers are pretty cool.

Listening to: Mouth for War, by Pantera.


No comments: