Friday, November 21, 2008

The usual

Ok, a couple things are 'the usual'. First, very typical, I finally pulled the memory card out of my phone to put the pictures on my computer so I could update my blog and I saw all the many pictures that I have yet to write about. However, I am not feeling it today, so I will just stick to the one I had in mind. I'll do the rest later.

The other 'the usual' is an entry about sitting somewhere, particularly a beach. This was the first day I was down in Sarasota. I had to, of course, visit the beach at my first opportunity. I unloaded necessities and decided to assume the position at the beach. The beach right down the road was really amazing, white sands, and a huge expanse of beautiful maintained sand.

I decided to read The Tao of Pooh again. I love this book. I sat for a few minutes, but didn't even read, actually. I mostly just looked around and took a couple pictures, but the cool weather coupled with my nagging responsibilities forced me to remove myself from my comfortable beach bum surroundings.

I was heading out of the huge parking lot at the Siesta Key Public Beach Access and I noticed some kind of collection of canopies, like a craft fair or something. As I was walking over to investigate, I was taken aback by this awesome old Corvette that had obviously been given lots of love.

I can't remember now, but I took a picture of these cool door hanging things  because of one that said something about housework making you old and ugly. It was very funny, whatever it said, and yes, this was indeed a craft fair, which was the perfect place to get some Christmas gifts.

This is a wider view.

After I left there, I went back to the heezy to do some works. Then, I don't think it was the first night, actually, but supm I just thought of, I had a dream about Emily. Damn it. A while back I emailed her dad about something Christmas related and he asked what happened to us. At the time, I told him I would rather discuss it in person, mostly because I didn't really have a good answer. Then, my dream happened like a lightning bolt. I woke, that morning, feeling the overwhelming urge to write it down. A little while later, I had to email her dad and tell him how I finally had an answer. The dream was amazing, it was a wedding that Emily was a participant in, like her sister's wedding, and I was an outsider, not a bad thing just true, like her sister's wedding. Also like her sisters wedding, Emily was breathtaking and she loved me, wow. The dream was a glimpse of what used to be so special to me. I felt so loved. Anyway, nice dream.

Listening to: the pleasantly quiet, decent mix they are 'frickin finally' playing here at Starbucks.

No comments: