Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween 2008

The usual awestruck moment as I walked out the door and was faced with the sky over the back yard.

We were going to do a few things and then, because both the front tires were lower than usual, again, Emily wanted to go to Costco, where the tires came from, and take advantage of the road hazard warranty. As we walked over to Starbucks to sit and sip while looking at this awesome sky, tensions escalated. When we were sitting outside in this awesome spot, Emily said that maybe we shouldn't try anymore. It wasn't out of the blue, I am leaving out the details. It was basically a feeling that further adjustment to each other is not possible. Right on. Such is life. At this point, I was halfway to the point of making a new resolution, to be single for a year before I try being with anyone else.
As I lazily looked around, I finally noticed this guy's tag said something. I got closer to take a picture. The guy came out to investigate why this person was getting close to his very sweet car. I gave him the thumbs up to let him know I dug his tag. It did happen to be on one of my favorite cars. It's really pretty high up on my list. Prolly top 5, with the Corvette, the 9th generation 2-door Tahoe (full-size Blazer), the El Camino, and the full-size 9th Generation crew cab Chevy truck.


We went back to their neighborhood after trying our neighborhood only to find two houses participating, one of which was the neighbors' house. After eliminating prolly frickin half after my inspection, she made a very neat 'store' as she called it to facilitate trading with her brother.


This picture sucks, but as with the rest of the sucky pictures, I know what they were so, for my intended purposes of life-tracking, they work. Rhianna found some tree while walking with Gram Cracker (my mom) that had these little things that looked just like mini punkins. So, she picked a bunch and painted faces on them to give to peeps. Mine was a goblin guy. He had a long green nose. It was really cool.

Listening to: A baby professing it's frustration with the growing pains it is experiencing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking back on this one from what's going on now, I had to laugh at the irony here. Maybe it is because you were only "HALFWAY to the point of making a new resolution" that you received a "sign" (the license plate)to help you choose an ALL-THE-WAY resolution or to just let it be. Did you catch that, or is it just because I believe there is no such thing as coincidence? Funny!

Anonymous said...

That is supm interesting I hadn't noticed. Thanks for reminding me of my impetuousness.