Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This spiritual evolution is a fun ride

Speaking of fun ride. This car, whatever it was looked pretty sweet, nothing but tires and ass and boals. I don't know what it was. I only caught a quick look enough to snap this picture. It said GT 44 on the tag, but that means nothing to me. I ain't never hearda no car lykat. I even dun looked it up to make sure just dinnit know supm. This was on my way to volunteer at the SPCA the other day. I fergit which day. I also fergit the days on the other blog entries I still needta write. I dunno if I will, though. I may just not.
I went back and forth between the catteries and the small dog/puppy room. It wern't too busy so I gotsta spend some time a visitin with Goldie here. I think I like this guy even more than Ernie. He's a frickin awesome cat, look at them colors.
He is 4 supm years old and almost as affectionate as Ernie. He sheds considerably less, though. I dunno. I have enough life concerns to put this topic on the back burner.
Oh yeah, it was Friday, I think because Sunday the kids and I went downtown. I wanted to show them one of the lakes downtown and the libaree that is my second favorite libaree. It wasn't open til 1:30 on Sunday, so we wennahedd and looked around the lake across the street from it.
I dunno what these is, but I like this long-beaked guy.
Neriah stuck his shoe out after I warned that swans are even more ill-tempered than geese. I dunno, maybe not so much ill-tempered as just in-your-face-bring-it-on. They aren't quite as agressive, but they sure do like to puff their chest and threaten to bite you. It's not so much a go away as just a go-ahead-try-it.
beautiful bird. Neriah asked if you could just grab their neck like a handle. haha. Then I pointed out the large claws they have on those cute little webbed feet and how I imagine they could bend that very flexible neck in order to position those claws in gouging the hell outta you range. He reconsidered any thunks along that line.
This is the bench we thought we would all use to read and write while we waited for the libaree to open. However, the frickin ants of the bad color shooed us away. I moved the bench way over there, but the ants were pretty much every-damn-where over here, so, eh, no sitting here. We just walked around and talked to birdies...
...and checked out the cool flowery trees that the city of Lakeland imported from places like Australia.
Like this one. Damn, she's beautiful.
This guy stayed put and kept doing the preparatory wing twitch as we got a bit closer. Fortunately, though, he didn't actually fly. He wasn't too jumpy, so I had time to bust out my camera and 'then' get too close, so I could catch him spread out, sweet.
One of those cool flowers found a home.
We came on over to the other side and decided to sit on this retaining wall and dangle our feet just over the water. We did for a few minutes until they both dropped something, retrievable fortunately, in the water and then the damn ants came to pester. So, we moved to a nice picnic table that was right ovar.
Rhianna had a decent place to work on her story and Neriah and I could read. I was using my cool 'Save the honey bees' bookmark that Rhianna made for me.
It opened, so we came on over here. We stayed for a bit until the grumblings told us to return home to feed.

Ok, I hate when it does this, frickin computer shite, grumble, grumble. I can seem to type under this last picture. Ok, fast forward a day or so and the next picture is on the way home from the kids' house. I had the windows down and the sunroof open, as I do any chance I get, and the breeze was frickin awesome, 71 degrees, perfect.

Ok, I guess I's burned out my writingal abilities.

Listening to: Fade into you, by Mazzy Star.

No comments: