Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wow, I waited a long time again


Ok, it's longer, but I sped it up so each picture only gets one second. If'n you wanna, you can pause it and/or go back. I think I'm gonna do supm new, too. I'm gonna put headings throughout my ramblings to make it more entertaining for others so maybe I can have an audience. Oooh, I just gots me an idea. In addition to the headings, I is gonna list the headings, or highlights at the beginning hyah.

Highlights:
  • Why do I wait so long?
  • I really love this car.
  • Lake Mirror at sunset.
  • Meeting Shalane for coffee.
  • More than just the usual sky picture.
  • Wow, a Suburban just like my old one.
  • My little Badger Hunter, cool leash ay?, I made it. ;-)
  • Ducks by the hundreds.
  • 5 turtles even.
  • Snickers' is done with the heartworm treatments, yay!

Why Do I Wait So Long?

I am really envious, nah more like in awe, of the people who have a blog which gets an entry every day. I am not really envious. I am happy with my blog and my life. I just notice that I always have reasons to make an entry. I just don't feel like it every day. I won't try to be puffed up as people so often are and say that it's because I am so busy. I have a full life indeed, but just like exercise, there is never a day without a few minutes for a blog entry. It's just what we choose to make important enough to invest our time in. So, often, it isn't anything in particular, it may just be sitting and drinking a beer as I watch people walk by and listen to the birds. There are so many times that I think, "wow, this would be a good blog entry. I would love to share this experience with the world." but I just don't feel like writing about it, which is why I am thankful, at least, to have this awesome camera, thanks again Emily, to capture a piece of the experience even if I don't end up writing about it.

I guess the difference between me and the daily bloggers and, I'm ASSuming here, is that I'm writing primarily for selfish reasons while they write for an audience, which is not a bad thing. I think I just have lots of white-trash upbrangin to make it hard for me to imagine having an audience and I really think I am missing a crucial entertaining topic with nothing more to offer than details of my own mundane life and thankfullness for crap that most people prolly don't feel and relatedly don't want to read about.

I really love this car.

I feel this is one of the many times when I repeat myself. When, I was with Emily and this was still her car, I hated it. It was uncomfortable and no fun to drive, which I did all the time. This was mainly due to her TBI-related sensitivities to acceleration and noise, which meant the windows were always up and the radio was always very quiet or off. I don't resent that experience. It was what it was. It was a worthy price to pay for someone you love.

Now, however, I frickin love this car. I open the sunroof and the windows and play my iPod loudly on the very awesome stereo it has. It is the only coupe available that has the suicide doors, actually, a unique bonus that makes this cheaper car competitive. Well, crap, it doesn't do nutn anymore. They quit making this damn car after just a few years. Dammit! That's a whole nutha topic about the business affairs and politics in major car companies to include GM.

Lake Mirror at sunset.

I love that lake. It is like living a vacation to have Lakeland nearby.

Meeting Shalane for coffee.

One morning, I went to meet Shalane for coffee on her way to work. I wanted to discuss my life plans and goals. I wanted us to be on the same page. I recently decided, just a few days ago as a mattafack, that my life dream of living on a sailboat was a selfish waste of my skills and abilities and not conducive to my primary desire in life, which is to better the world outside my own selfish life bubble. Furthermore, I decided that I wanted to go back to school and possibly, after the kids finish school, relocate to Thailand to teach English in Bangkok. I don't feel like getting into the details. My arrogance was squished when her reaction to me leaving was very much like something an ex-wife-creature do. It was a good, enlightening talk however and it actually made me think of some obvious concerns that I hadn't thought about before.

More than just the usual sky picture.

As I was sitting at a light somewhere, I don't remember where honestly, I looked over and saw the truck that was right above eye-level. The sky in the background was awesome, of course, but it was not the focal point of this shot. It was a stake truck without the stakes, so it was basically just a big 5-ton flatbed truck. What caught my attention was the building materials on the truck. It gave me fond memories of grunt work as a construction laborer working with my hands and using all the muscles in my body. It also appealed to the fixer in me. It gave me thoughts of building something somewhere.

Wow, a Suburban just like my old one.

When I went down to lake Mirror the other day, I was taken aback by an old Suburban like the one I had was actually being used as a Public Works truck. It was a big ol' three-quarter ton like mine even. That is a beautiful old truck.

My little Badger Hunter, cool leash ay?, I made it. ;-)

I took Snickers down to my favorite lake for a pee, poop, sniff. One of the many things I love about this lake is that they have dog water fountains connected to the people water fountains.

Ducks by the hundreds.

As we walked around the lake one the nice sidewalk, we stopped to visit the big wide steps down to the water on this side over hyah. A procession of many, many ducks came on over, to get some human handout I'm sure. People do lots of bird feeding here and the other lakes downtown, which is why there are so many awesome birds here. I am glad of it, actually, with the exception of the g**d*** flying rats, of course. I frickin hate 'em. A seagull is the only bird I've ever seen that is obnoxious enough to swoop down and take a bite of your sammidge right out of your hand. Grrr, I hate 'em. They just squawk and poop and are as obnoxious about begging as a puppy dog, but without the redeeming qualities.

5 turtles even.

I didn't capture them. Even though they were a bit away, they sensed me apparently and ducked. I caught three of them. I had to get a picture because I had never seen five all together like that before. I mean, a solitary turtle head, eh, prolly wouldn't even make me unsheath my camera, but 5, cool.

Snickers' is done with the heartworm treatments, yay!

I took Snickers for her follow-up check to ensure the heartworm treatment was effective and she indeed checked good-to-go, yay! The SPCA paying for the treatment, because she had them when I adopted her, was nice, but it was still a pain to keep her calm and endure the extra shedding and fleas because the damn flea drugs just quit working for a couple months.

Listening to: She Hates Me, by Puddle of Mudd.

No comments: