Monday, September 7, 2009

68 points!


I took some pictures of Neriah launching the latest rocket with my phone. I had to use my phone because I forgot the camera. This gave me an excuse to upload all the pictures I have been accumulating on the card in my phone for the past few months. It's not as easy to remove as the last phone, requiring me to remove the back cover, so I never do. I just hardly ever use it.

I'm not going to bother with headings on this one because the pictures are too sporadic.

This collection starts with dinner at Olive Garden with an ex-girlfriend and her daughter.
Then, a wild hair omelette. I usually eat like a bachelor when the kids aren't around. Ya' know, simple stuff like sammidges, ramen noodles and peanut butter. My taste in food is about as eclectic as my taste in music or movies. I balance my ridiculous junk-eating with super healthy stuff like whole grains, green tea and plenty of water. Like I said, I usually eat like a bachelor. Every once in a while, however, I get a wild hair to cook something, maybe a marinara sauce or an awesome chili recipe I got from Men's Health magazine or, as evidenced by some phone pictures, an omelette. One day I need to make some of the energy/health bars I created several years ago. I would forget about them if it weren't for the constant reminding by my kids who really like them. I guess, I should live up to this damn self-proclaimed desire to do what makes the kids happy and make some. Ok, ok, get off my own back already!

There are only a few of the typical pictures of mundane crap that I am always so thankful for. Going to Publix, Starbucks and laying on the grass downtown by lake Morton. The rest are more significant because I hardly ever use it, so they are more intentional. Of course, my childish sense of humor kicked in when I was at the scratch-n-dent grocery and saw 'cock' flavored soup. Then, I took my mom down to the state park I used to go to when I first moved down here. She fell in love. It really is an awesome park. I used to go for the beach, but she liked the appeal of the many fishing spots there. I can see the appeal, but it has been many moons since I fished and I really don't have enough desire to do it. She wanted to stop at Sonny's for lunch and, since I want to make people happy, I obliged her. I am so nice that way.

Wow, there are some really varied pictures in here across quite a span of time. There are some pictures of Snickers holding me down and some pictures from a kite flying expedition the kids and I went on, to include a nice shot I took across my beautiful little car as I flew my kite. When I was borrowing my sister's TL, it also has the temp display just in a different spot, I was wow'ed by 109. That was of course 'after' I came out of the library, so it cooled down once I started driving, to less than a hundred. Yay! At some point, I dunno when exactly, I went on down there and, of course, had to visit Siesta Key. I love that beach. Oh yeah, these pictures are clearly out of order for some reason. I am wearing pants and boots at Siesta Key. It is a year-round average of 75 degrees down here, which is awesome, but it does get cool, especially down by the water. It just more awesomeness, actually. I still love to walk down the beach with the water on my bare feet, even if I am wearing pants.

One picture I forgot to take out of this collection is the one of the program I loaded on Shalane's computer to scan it for all the crap that slowed it down quite a bit. I just took the picture to remind me of what the program was. I took a picture while I walked down the road up there at my best friend's house (my ex-father-in-law). Rhianna made herself first place at Scrabble, even though I dominated as usual. -insert applause and back patting-

Snickers is the best, most beautiful girlfriend I have ever had. And, the picture where Rhianna is holding her, she is really not a fat, lazy dog. It just looks that way.

Retarded. The pictures from today are evidence of how out of order these pictures are. Neriah's rocket launch from today is right in the middle of stuff from a couple months ago like the awesome rib bbq'ing after raiding the freezer in the garage when we were down at the Beach Bum Paradise when Erv and Maria were up in Michigan. There are some of a routine trip to lake Mirror with Snickers and the kids. I, being my childish self, had to mess with poor, passive Snickers by pulling her lip up to make her look vicious, damn funny.

Oooh, here's a big one. The kids and I love to play Scrabble. There is a picture of the board when I got a '68!' point word for my first word. Woot! Frickin awesome. If you don't play Scrabble, then you're dumb, oh, uh, I mean, you probably won't know how significant that is. For those who don't know, most words are 10-20 points, at best. I got a double word score and a 50-point bonus for using all seven of my letters at once. Whoa! Truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Yeah, ok, just like my appreciation for the mundane crap I'm thankful for every day, I also marvel at the simple crap, like Scrabble games. I am a simpleton, I guess.

One time, just Neriah and I went down to the Beach Bum Paradise. There is a picture of our very simple 'man-meal' of just steak.

Listening to: That super-annoying but OMFG cute insurance girl commercial as Seinfeld breaks.

No comments: