Thursday, June 11, 2009

Break time

Morning, glorious frickin NE GA morning again. Today, I have on my coveralls, enjoying the coffee on the porch as I tie a few knots, as Butch does the same with his lovely wife before we gits busy.
As I rounded the house, I noticed this salamander meandering across the driveway, as the sun was reaching a point at which it would burn the hell outta him. I soaked him with the hose and left him a nice wet path to the puddle I made in the grass.
Butch hadta back the Elk outta the garage. Oh crap, every time I hear that grumble it is a beautiful thing. Just like the twisties, Athens, the beach and the smell of a woman, it is breathtaking and never gets old.
This old Trans Am was ready to be recycled anyway, so it was the perfect candidate for the engine, etc.-hauling. We loaded it down, whoo. Five engines, a handful of transmissions, intake manifolds, crankshafts..., needless to say, it was a heavy biotch by the time we were through.
That T/A under the awning in front of the garage is also a piece, ready for recycling. However, it has a sweet newly rebuilt engine that Butch needed a home fer.
Butch hadta get a few things offa this engine before we loaded it, so I grabbed us a couple Cokes and sat down for a few.

Ok, apparently, I did supm with this batch of pictures. I can't type below this one again.

So, Butch went inside to go potty er supm, so I laid under the canopy next to the house and uhhhhh....

Listening to: My theme song, I'm Broken, by Pantera.

No comments: