Sunday, June 14, 2009

ahhhh, home.

I am in my coveralls again, ready to try getting this thing to the metal squishers.
However, Butch informed me that he will be taking a few days off...

...ok, Im there, but I'm gonna get another beer anyway, today is my rest day before I plan to get the kids in the morning...

Ok, where was I...Oh yeah, Butch hadta go hannel sum bidniz in town, so we took the Beemer, a more plush, leisurely vehicle. Damn, this car is sweet, gotta love variety. It's a seven series. It has pull-out window shades in the back and all kindsa door pockets that you can push-click to expose. Very sweet car. We were both exhausted, so this was just the car for us.

We went and got a winch because the come-along we used before broked, later is when he told me getting the car to the metal squishers would be delayed, oh yeah.

I did manage to accomplish a couple other not-so-big-but-helpful things. A universal remote that would control the sattelite, tv, DVD/VCR and surround sound. With a few minutes of effort, it was good-to-go. Also, I talked GiGi into upgrading the memory in her computer. The Cpu was more than adequate, the Hard drive was good, but the memory lacked a bit. So, she and I both were pleased to see the very inexpensive RAM she ordered on ebay arrived in two days. She asked me to install it because I said it was so easy it shouldn't be a big deal, right? I did and it was. However, the accomplishment from being able to fix supm is the biggest, most gratifying experience. I am so thankful to be a fixer.
The next and final morning, I headed on down to Athens to see some friends for banana pancakes.
The sky was amazing all the way down.
There are infinite awesome possibilities for the sky and the world around us if we just pay attention.
uhhhh.
I love their front yard.
Here I is.
Oh yeah, Tham is making those awesome banana pancakes.
Maybe, I shoulda taken the picture after the syrup.
Claudio arrived to attend to the pancake babysitting duties while Tham did supm ov'ar.
This is the peak of my ugly bastardness, but I didn't wanna leave Sebastian out, so I included this frickin picture.
Ok, hell, not much better, but Claudio is in this one. Anna is the daughter.
Heading out. I was going to join them for a birthday party for their grandson, but I am so damn exhausted. I am ready to just get home and rest for one day before I plan to go get the kids.
Their neighborhood was connected to mine and mine, coincidentally, was, on the way out anyway, so I drove by to see my old house, frickin awesome. I loved that house. On the corner of Julian drive and Julian drive.
Back to 85.
Ok, just the sky, frickin wow.
Atlanta is beautiful, too.
Heading into the guts...
Wow, that's a long time with no pictures. Here I am in Florida again. This sunny sky is melding with the dark, rainy sky up'ar.
This is what I like about Florida, you can see so much of the sky, you get to see the line between sunny and stormy, too cool.
awesome. Oh yeah, just before I got home, I filled up and figured about 31 mpg, woot!

Ok, can't type below the last one again, hmm.

I got home lasterday evening and slept until about seven this morning, when Snickers de Mayo woke me with her sweet tongue. I took her for a pee/poop/sniff and spent a few glorious minutes on the porch with a coffee in my recliner until the heat became a bit much and forced me inside. I have found, if I lay on the floor to watch a movie or tie knots, it is down there where the air is cool. Anyway, I decided that, since I have the opportunity, I had my one beer and started finishing these blog entries. I am almost done with this one, so I think I will go get another one beer and enjoy the rest of this lazy day.

Listening to: Ass Like That, by Eminem.

No comments: