Sunday, July 13, 2008

My trip to da grocery sto

Listening to: Kill All The White People, by Type O Negative.

Ok, supm I did made these mushroom pictures stick together. whu-evah. Anyway, I had to make an emergency trip to Sweetbay for some butter. On the way outta the 'hood, I saw these frickin huge mushrooms, so I hadta take a picture or two. The first one is a picture representing how they look like boobies from the top. The second is just a side view that looked cool.

So, as I was approaching the sto in the parking lot, I saw this awesome beast of an old 'vette.
A spectacle such as this is deserving of a few pictures.The fat meats on the back and the skinny ones on the front tell me this thing is built to race.
As I passed through the outskirts of the produce section on my way in, I was overwhelmed by the smell of the peaches, mmm, they smelled good, gotta stay on track, butter.
Ok, I gotsda butter. Just before I got to the entrance to the 'hood on the way home, I remembered a flock of turkey vultures across the street and thought I just hadta f*** with 'em. My intention was to get a picture of them flying away en mass. When I got there, however, I was reminded of how nature has a plan set forth by God, which is usually quite different from our own. There was, cool enough, another flock across the street from the one I saw, prolly 50 birds, and turkey vultures, in case ya don't know, are a pretty big bird.

Anyway, so I have my camera at the ready as I drive toward these birdies, ready for them to fly away in a massive wave of wings. Nope. They, just kinda jumped and moseyed out of the way, the way I might expect birds of their size to do, very confident. I was not sure how aggressive these things were when confronted by peoples, so I figured I guess I should find out in the best, most effective way. I got out to greet the birds, which means f*** with, of course. They increased their fleeing pace and flew in different directions, and mostly into the trees, so there were no good photo ops.
That flock was gone, so my only chance was to visit the flock on the other side of the street. I hobbled my cripple arse over there and got close enough to make them fly, and again they all went in different directions and mostly into the trees, so this was the only picture the slow, cripple could manage to capture. These guys perched in the cool trees, of whatever kind they were, with the spanish moss hanging down looked really cool. Unfortunately, my cell phone camera just couldn't wrap it's eyeball around such an image.

Listening to: It Could Be Sweet, by Portishead.

No comments: