Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm so excited

I have been writing entries in Word and just saving them to my computer in order to sort my thoughts. I may or may not put them in here but the one from this morning I will. I am on the internet on my computer for the first time in months. It's so cool.

I also feel at home for the first time in months. I love it and the fact that Emily seems to be such a cool friend. She also has the same brain injury as me. She doesn't talk funny, so she has the added frustration of seeming normal to most. I am frustrated about talking funny, although peeps who don't know me say they can't tell, but it seems to me that my speech and walking like a drunk, makes it easier for the 'normals' to recognize my damagedness.

Ok, so here be what I writed this morning. I'm excited about being able to and feeling like updating my blizog, but I am still not feeling like doing much of this brainsucker stuff.
************************************************************************
I feel so much better today. I went to bed at 4:30am and got up at 10am, mostly because Emily’s bed is so dern comfortable. She slept on an air mattress downstairs and had me sleep in her bed so I wasn’t disturbed by her or her friend who is visiting. I really wouldn’t mind any so-called disturbance, but she was being considerate so it was easier for me to just accept her generosity. I actually didn’t do my usual ‘waking up at 7 or 8’. I didn’t really rouse until 9:30. I rolled over in the ecstasy of her bed a few times but only made it until 10.

Last night, we were gonna’ go to the beach. However, it started raining pretty good, so, after we stopped at Wendy’s to grab a bite, we just cancelled the beach trip. Instead we went to Target, to grab a few things, until the last minute, as they said, ‘the time is now 9:55…’ Then, since they close at 10 and we were still feeling compelled, we went across the street to Barne’s and Noble. They close at 11, so we could be there until the last minute. It was nice. I haven’t been there in months. I love to browse and check out books.

This morning has been quite nice. I had a cup of coffee and watched Emily shave her dog. It’s been very relaxing. The cable guy is s’posedta come this afternoon. It will be nice to have internet access on my computer again. I’ve had my fill of using the computer at the library.

Listening to: She Belongs To Me by Harry Connick Jr.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

If my opinion counts, I say post some more...

: )