Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Rainy day at the beach

I still enjoyed the opportunity to sit in the truck at the beach for coffee and reading this morning. Life is still dynamic and I am actually thankful for the place God has led me to. All the things I've been blessed with are nice but I am really thankful for the scariness of life now. Why? You ask. Because, I am comfortable with the fact that I am not trying to control so much and, as scary as it is, happy that I am dependent on God's blessings and direction.

Claudio and Tham have a daughter that I envy because of her total faith in God's will. I am prolly a little better than most but nowhere near the complete surrender she's at. For example, she recently received a free laptop. No, not some old outdated, piece of crap. One that I would love to have. She also went on a mission trip with a friend to Mexico with like $200 and just winged it, knowing that God would provide. He did. Her and a friend not only survived but lived decently for a couple weeks.

This is why I am thankful to be where I am. I am still far from the complete surrender of Iris, Claudio and Tham's daughter, but I have come a long way from where I was two years ago. I, for the first time in many moons, feel very comfortable with what I believe. I am also very happy with where God has led me, even though it is a lot less sure than where I was a few years ago when I was making too much money as a Naval officer.

I am going to go sit in the comfy library chair and read now. I am a bit too distracted by the cute girl across from me who keeps letting me see her beautiful eyes. Then, I think I'm gonna head on down to gits me a .99 double cheeseburger from that place and take it to the beach wit me.

Listening to: my pounding heart and the clicking of keys all around me.

No comments: