Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thank God for beer

Hey, supm dudn't look right about that seat. A while back, when it was still Emily's car, the passenger seat quit leaning back. I was over at Shalane's the other day doing laundry and got a wild hair. I just pulled the seat out real quick. Saturns are awesome that way, they are so easy to work on. Two bolts, unhook the front and bam, easy deal. So, I fixed it, yay.
I went by the Saturn dealership the other day to get a brochure, a picture for me to dream about. I was leaving and I whipped it around and decided to test drive this one, my new dream car. I was thinking, for years now, that I wanted an Acura TL. They are such an amazing car. We went and looked at them back before the ex-wife-creature and I bought the Pathfinder. Recently, I thought, eh, it's kinda not for me anymore, maybe a TSX. That seemed more ideal. Then, I started thinking, wait a minute, the Saturn coupe has the suicide doors and Saturns are so easy to work on, how about a Saturn with less miles and maybe more comfortable? So, I found it, not even looking. This one is a 3-series, so bigger engine, same sunroof and stereo, but more comfortable leather seats and less miles. It is blue, also, which tells me it is clearly my car. The one I have now is red, which I have grown to love, but blue just says it is mine.
One of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.
The other day I decided to put on some 'real' shoes and walk around Lake Mirror and use the stairs over there to help strengthen my leg muscles and make me able to run again.

As I walked around the lake, I was breathtooked by the awesomeness of the sky. I also looked into the shallow water and saw a turtle that had the biggest head I've ever seen, too cool. Some big arse fish, too. I dunno, Carp or supm.
The stairs. I went up and down a dozen or so times. I even ran, with the assistance of the rail. Damn, it felt good. I got nice and sweaty.
Yesterday, I was reading an old Men's Health, one with Jason Statham, he's the man, and I saw a recipe for something called Three Amigos Chili. I felt compelled to make it today. I went to get just a couple cans o' beans and needed some beer anyway...
It turned out really good. I haven't cooked much in the past couple years. It was nice for it to turn out so nice. It was a nice complement to my one beer. Speaking of which, I believe I am going to take a lap 'round the 'hood before I has another one beer.

Listening to: Sleep to dream, by Fiona Apple.

No comments: