Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's about damn time

Ok, my writing has been sparse. I have let myself get all distracted by life and haven't kept a log of it the way I intended when I started this damn thing. I blame having a girlfriend to occupy my time and my mind.

A good illustration of this lack of tracking is, I was just up in Jacksonville at NAS Jax for a required exam for my disability, and I looked at the officer homes again. They are not only beautiful homes, but they are on the water AND the Navy provides them for you at no cost, that includes electricity. Damn, I sure do miss the Navy. The sacrifices and challenges are hard, but it's well worth it, to me, at least. Anyway, I didn't take one damn picture. So, nothing for the blog even.

This writing was inspired by my recent reminder of how I hate hippies and the blog I wrote on Myspace shortly after. I wrote it there instead of here because I thought it would be a good insight for my Myspace family and it was right there at my fingertips and didn't feel like posting here, because I knew I'd do what I'm doing no, which is writing about a lot of unrelated items.

So, without further ado, here bees the blog I writed on Myspace:
***
I linked to this guy’s profile from a hippie’s profile, so it is no surprise to me that he spews the same hippie doctrine that people have said along with the word ’change’. All this stuff is nice but dreamy, fairy tale, ’oh, let’s all hold hands’ crap just isn’t gonna happen, in my opinion of course, and just wastes vital resources, such as money, time, and mental energies, which could be much better spent on researching and developing something useful, like a hybrid or electric car that is not grossly underpowered and ugly.

These guys have nice stimulating things to say, but the unfortunate part, for me, is that it’s a lot of frickin fluff. They say crap like ’we have a plan to bring our troops home and stabilize Iraq’, but the details are never forthcoming, just smoke and mirrors. Yeah, it’s nice to dream of magically poofing all the bad guys away, when yer frickin 10.

I don’t believe this war is being handled properly. However, I don’t think the solution is to just quit. I believe that’s what happened in Vietnam. It’s not, in my opinion of course, that we shouldn’t have been there as much as mismanagement. That was due to Kennedy’s assassination and subsequent lack of support for the ongoing war that had been started. The follow-on administrations did what these ’bring our troops home’ people want to do now, just quit, and let the fallen heroes die in vain and furthermore let more soldiers and civilians die and, no shit, public opinion of the war will be negative, hmmm, funny how that works.

Ok, I’m spent.

Check out this guy’s profile. He ran fer president fer a minute, now he’s running for Congress. It, like the other one(s), sounds good until you realize it’s a lot of fat with not much meat.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=156831770


Listening to: Building a Mystery, by Sarah McLachlan

John

No comments: