Friday, July 10, 2009

Holy Crap!


I just noticed that I've gone about three weeks before uploading any pictures for this here blog thing. Then, I noticed that I never even finished the last one. Damn, if I was getting paid for this I'd be fired. Whew, good thing I'm not, I guess. I can finish this one tomorrow. No really.

Ok, here I am and it's tomorrow. I'm doing it, yay! So, the past week has given me a good excuse for not adding to this here blog thing. My immune system was battling a head cold, a bit more than I anticipated. I had just come back from the beach bum paradise last weekend and had intended to return with the kids, but life intervened and directed me otherwise. This morning, it's Friday and Shalane needed me to bring the kids home so that Zoee could be allowed an opportunity to release her waste products. I am using it as an opportunity to wash my sheets and comforter. So, this affords me the chance to sit and finish this blog entry as I spend half my attention watching Neriah kill zombies on the Wii. A few years ago, I would have thought a 7 o'clock wake-up, and stay up, would have been late. However, I have been a full-time beach bum for long enough that it feels damn early. ugh.
This was the view this morning, as well, but this is actually from last...a while ago.
"Hey, lookout guys, here come some more of those wingless birds."
"Why do they keep eyeballin' me? I'm about to start pecking.'
"Oh man, shut up, you ain't gonna do nothin'. Yer all talk."
After, getting the tires rotated, the kids and I headed on down to our favorite lake downtown back over hyah.
The sky, and all of it really, was just amazing, as usual.
Neriah and I were going to do the stair challenge, but it had been a couple weeks and it was extra hot and humid even today, so we only did a few laps and we were done.
Back to the wind maker.
Yes, mundane to most, however, to my eye it is another awesome spectacle that I can no longer take for granted.
Feeling introspective.
Rhianna found this frog in the kitchen or something. It was chased into the living room, where I catched it. Rhianna mentioned its redness, which made me a bit concerned. Maybe I should have stayed concerned, but, eh, it is what it is. So, I got a nice white bowl to put it in for picture time before its release into the wild of my front yard. It was quite an adordable little frog. It was about the size of my thumbnail, muey small-o, indeed.
The week before this one, I brought the kids home, too. Shalane offered to buy lunch for us in exchange for my selfless act. ;-) Cool, I love free food. I caught a picture of Shalane hard at work. Oh darn, I chopped her head off. ;-)
Rhianna tried to deny that Marilyn Manson is an ugly bastard...as a man. However, this is an example of how he would be ok as a woman. I will not go further. She was having lunch with what appeared to be her girlfriend, who also appeared capable of kicking my arse, so I don't want to take a chance that I would have a disgruntled lesbianite out to get me after she stumbles across my blog, making her what, the fifth? reader. ;-)
There was a bit of a change of plans. I am ok with helping, since Shalane has that damn work thing imposing itself on her life. I left Neriah because he wanted to ride with his mom. Rhianna went with me to make a deposit for Shalane before taking her home.
I spent a very few minutes at home before my impulsiveness kicked in and I realized there was really no reason to not go ahead and go on down to the beach bum paradise a day early. Another day of drinking, swimming and serenity was quite appealing. So, I packed a bag and headed on down to Sarasota. I drove through 'traffic hell', so of course, as it is most times, it was quite the...supm. I don't really mind, though. I'm never in a hurry and it just keeps my mind busy. It's definitely not a boring ride.
The sky, of course, was amazing and, of course again, my camera was unable to reproduce the awe-inspiring sight.
...and again, frickin wow.
Ah, here I is. I even have a spot in the garage.
The house is all sleepy and quiet as I set my goods on the counter.
I take the first few minutes to scatter my belongings into their proper places before I assume the position outside.
Woot! Wake up.
This house is so awesome.
Ooh, one of my favorite places, the bar.
I take a stroll before going to see a friend, so no drinking yet.
I was still a bit early, so I decided to go ahead and check out a beach I hadn't seen yet.
It was the 4th of July. I tend to forget these things. Every day is Sunday.
This beach was awesome. I would like to frequent it, but it's kinda far down here. There were plenty of people, but it was far from overcrowded.
ahhhhhhhhhhh.
I strolled up the coastline, feeling the water lick my feet.
Then back down. It dawned on me. What the hell am I doing? I needta go dump these non-swimable items in the car and get in this damn water. It was the perfect temperature, like cool bath water. It feels especially good when the heat of a thousand suns threatens to melt yer damn brain.
Unfortunately, this picture ended up blurry. It was an awesome shot. As I was heading across the not-too-big lawn to the parking lot, this big ol' turtle was just sitting and munching on some grass. So, I went and deposited my items that didn't like the water as much as me in the car. I went back and spent an hour or so floating and swimming around. Some really appealing Russian woman swam around me until she was coincidentally within talking range. So, we did, for about 20 minutes. She was, much to my dismay, married. I think if I was the type to not be dismayed by that, I could have enjoyed her company a bit more. Anyway, I dried off and went to see my friend.
I didn't feel like putting any effort into making food for consumption, so I took advantage of the five dollar subs that Subway is kind enough to provide for us.
I put my sammidge outside along with a towel and my phone. The only thing missing was a drink. Mmm, all these choices.
I will stick with the one that I must enjoy at every opportunity.
Ok, getting there.
Cheers!
Ohp, refill time.
I guess somebody fell in love with this stuff, not surprisingly. A while back, I guided Erv to the heavenly concoction. I drank hardly any of this first bottle. It is now empty after coaxing just a couple drinks from it and there is a replacement. Woot!
A refreshing dip in the pool and half of my sammidge in my belly, it was time to recline for a few and ahhhh.

Ok, I'll finish this later. I've lost my gumption.

Listening to: 2 Wicky, by Hooverphonic.









No comments: