Saturday, May 24, 2008

A peaceful spot to read


I went on down to the pool yesterday. Emily was still sleeping and I wanted to read without sitting in a quiet chair at home, falling asleep. It was a nice, peaceful spot to read. The cleaning peeps were there when I first got there, but them and the construction peeps over there, across the from the mailboxes, were just background noise. Then, the cleaning peeps left and I was alone for a few until some other, not-too-loud, peeps showed up. Overall, a very nice spot to read. Actually, I had to move over under the roof thing because, not only was the sun getting toasty but, some damn ants were pestering the hell outta me. They weren't fire ants, or I would've moved a lot sooner. They were just explorers and their incessant crawling over my skin was just annoying.

My cell phone doesn't come close to capturing the awesomeness of most things. The sky, as I looked up yesterday, is a good example. It looks kinda blah in the undescriptive eye of my cell phone. That's ok, I can remember it when I see the picture, so I will stick it in here, in my life-tracker.

Listening to: Color Me Once, by the Violent Femmes

No comments: