Friday, April 4, 2008

Waterless urinals


Ok, Emily and I have discussed this one, after I discovered there are actually waterless regular toilets. She says it sounds gross and I can't help but agree that it couldn't be less than nasty.


The urinals, however, seem like a really cool idea, to me. She still thinks they would be gross. I am delving into this topic because I, for the first time, got to see/use one. When we were on our way back from buying my new/old truck, we stopped at MickeyD's, I dunno, and they had one. It didn't stink actually, surprisingly. Less than the average urinal, actually.


Now, like I said, I can't help but think the regualr toilet would be nasty without water. However, the urinal idea, especially because it would most likely be used in a public facility, where bjillions of people use it everyday (fast food place, parks, rest stops, sporting events, Target, etc.), and is 'supposed' to be cleaned on regular basis, it would be an easy way to save much money and water. Besides, it wouldn't be any harder to clean it.


I don't remember the brand name, but here is one from Kohler:

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=10453302&prod_num=4918&module=Commercial+Urinals

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a company with waterfree urinals as their only product. If a company is going to offer only one product, it had better be good:

www.falconwaterfree.com